Abbie Niehoff, MPS, CFP®, CDFA® is a senior divorce financial specialist at Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell (CBM). She focuses her practice on assisting individuals, couples, and their attorneys to resolve the financial aspects of their divorce. She has more than five years of experience in divorce financial planning and analysis for collaborative, mediated, negotiated, and litigated divorce cases. Her work includes financial planning and analysis for support, division of property and retirement needs including cash flow, tax and retirement projections, budget analysis, financial asset division, non-marital property allocations and tracing of assets. She is collaboratively trained and a trained mediator.
Abbie has presented and published articles on a range of financial topics including collaborative divorce and financial planning for young couples.
Prior to working at CBM, she worked as a paralegal for May & Barnhard, a tax and financial consulting firm, and as a legal assistant at Hood & Hodges, a law firm specializing in criminal law, business litigation, personal injury, workers' compensation, Social Security, medical malpractice, and criminal law.
Professional Qualifications and Education
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®)
- B.S. Towson University
- M.P.S. George Washington University
- Training: Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training; Mediation and Interest Based Negotiation Skills Training
- Professional Associations and Activities
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) (Member)
- The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (Member)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (Member)
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals (Member)
Member Name: Abbie Niehoff
Firm Name: Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, PC
7910 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 500
Phone: (240) 781-6210
E-mail: [email protected]