Sogand Zamani is a skilled mediator and experienced family law attorney who represents individuals in all aspects of family law. Sogand strives to provide all of her clients with superior service, no matter the complexity of the case. Her practice regularly includes complex divorce involving high value assets, domestic and international custody disputes, mediated, Collaborative and litigated divorce, adoption, and assisted reproductive technology. Sogand is known for her personal approach to clients, ability to gain her clients trust, her focus on the welfare of children during representation, and her skilled representation of clients to protect their financial security. Sogand practices Collaborative law because she believes in finding solutions to legal issues with dignity, civility, and in a less costly and effective manner than litigation.
Experience. Sogand draws on over seventeen years of legal experience to serve as a mediator in the community, a trusted Collaborative counsel and advisor to her clients, and a sophisticated litigator when appropriate. As part of her practice, Sogand also serves as a Guardian ad litem representing the best interests of minor children in high conflict cases. Her work on behalf of children provides Sogand with a unique perspective on challenging family and parent-child dynamics. Her representative cases include preparation and enforcement of premarital agreements, contested divorces with significant assets, alimony disputes, debt, preparation of parenting plans, domestic and international custody disputes, jurisdictional complexities, post-divorce custody modification, civil protection orders, contested step-parent adoption, complex and contested foster-parent adoptions, and independent adoptions.
Community Involvement. Sogand is also active in her community. Her professional activities include:
Practice Group Membership
Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals, Inc.
D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
– Past-President (2014-2015), Board Member (2012-2018), and Member, D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals
– Board Member (2012-present), Past co-President (2012-2015), Collaborative Project of Washington, DC; Co-founder, Third Thursdays (free monthly workshop on divorce)
– Council Member, ADR Section, Maryland State Bar Association (2012-2015)Board Member and Co-Chair, Education Committee (2013-2014), Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals of Montgomery County, Maryland
– Member, D.C. Bar Association (Family Law Section)
– Member, Maryland State Bar Association (Family Law and ADR Sections)
– Bar Association of Montgomery County (Family Law and ADR Sections)
– Member, Subcommittee on Assisted Reproductive Technologies of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association
– Professional Member, American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Sogand has been recognized in numerous publications as a top family lawyer, including by Washingtonian Top Lawyers (Divorce), Bethesda Magazine Top Lawyers List (for Adoption and Divorce) and Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, among their Top 50 Women List. Sogand and her firm have also been consistently selected to the Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers List and U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers List for family lawyers (Tier 1 rating). She has consistently maintained an AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell (High Ethics Rating) and an AVVO 10.0 Superb rating for delivering high quality legal services over the course of her career.
Sogand is a guest lecturer at the D.C. Bar, Washington, D.C. area law schools. She has also been involved as a volunteer with the Board for Voices for Children of Montgomery County, the Advisory Board Member to D.C. Prep, a charter school system located in the District of Columbia, and the American Heart Association Greater Washington D.C. Hear Ball.
Member Name: Sogand Zamani
Firm Name: Zamani & Associates PLLC
Address: 2121 K Street, NW Suite 900 Washington, DC 20037
Email: [email protected]